Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 14-08-2020 17:03:31

Daz Jones

T3510 dropped off network, factory reset rarely works

Hi,

I've been using our T3510 since June. After a few niggles trying to set it up initially, it's been working really well. Yesterday, I unplugged it to move it to another room (we're in the process of buying 2 more units). Unfortunately, the sensor dropped off the network. Ping commands fail and web interface also fails to connect.

I've been attempting to recover the sensor all day with limited success. I have attempted a factory reset endless times and only managed to connect 3 times after a factory reset. Whenever I attempt to change the network settings, the sensor is lost again. Multiple Factory resets then fail.

So, here's where I am.

All firewalls are temporarily disabled.

Sensor is connected to a PC using a cross cable (I've also used a normal ethernet cable with no luck). All cables were borrowed from a working system.
PC network settings are: IP - 192.168.1.50, subnet - 255.255.255.0, gateway - 192.168.1.1

I've removed the front screen of the T3510, disconnected the power cable, made sure the jumper is closed (both pins connected), pressed the button inside the device whilst reconnecting the power supply. I keep the button pressed for 10 seconds before releasing. I would then expect to be able to ping the sensor using 192.168.1.213 but this fails. I've attempted to re-power the device after the reset but this doesn't help either. There is a small number 3 on the screen next to the measured temperature and humidity values. When I press the small internal button , a small number 4 is displayed under the 3. I don't know if those numbers are relevant.

I've also tried the factory reset with the jumper removed thinking that the instructions could be wrong but the screen shows "- - - -" when I do that. Ping fails again so I restart the device and ping still fails.

Tsensor software is even more useless. It never connects. The search facility never finds anything. I've used the button for "Help! My device wasn't found" by entering the MAC address (printed on the side of the sensor) and entered the default IP of 192.168.1.213. Tsensor reports that the request was sent to the device but it can never been seen. I've also tried other IP addresses of 192.168.1.X (making sure I don't use the one from my PC).

On the very few times a factory reset works (3 in a day after what feels like 1000s of attempts), I have attempted to use the original settings for our network. IP 172.16.15.210, subnet 255.255.0.0, Gateway and DNS 172.16.15.1. On a previous post, I was informed that the device will need to be re-powered again when changing subnets so I've made sure I do that. I then put my PC back into the network as a DHCP client and attach the sensor to the network using normal ethernet (non-crossed) cables. The sensor is then never seen again. My previous experiences of setting the sensor up as DHCP were painful so I'm reluctant to open up that old wound.

So, the PC is back to 192.168.1.50, cross cable from the PC to the sensor and I've attempted numerous Factory resets without luck.

I've used Wireshark to capture ARP packets and can see the following when I reconnect the ethernet cable to the device:

19    33.776043    HewlettP_93:9a:ca    Lantroni_af:ef:d2    ARP    42    Who has 192.168.1.213? Tell 192.168.1.50

Despite this promising result, I still cannot ping or use the web interface.

I've cleared the ARP table using both "arp -d" and "netsh interface ip delete arpcache" thinking I'd confused the PC. I've also rebooted the PC whilst crossing my fingers.

Serial number is 16964337. I'd love to report the firmware version but I cannot access the device.

Hoping for some help as I am ordering more units and I do like these devices (when they work)

Best regards

Daz

#2 17-08-2020 13:40:53

HonzaD
Administrator

Re: T3510 dropped off network, factory reset rarely works

Hi Daz,

I am sorry that you have such bad experience with your device. It seems that your device is damaged somehow (it looks like a damaged internal flash memory). How are LED diodes at RJ45 connector blinking (both at same moment with interval 0.5sec)?

It seems that you already discussing issue with exact same device at this thread.

I afraid that it will be needed send device back to repair.

Jan

#3 20-08-2020 12:46:56

Daz Jones

Hi Jan, thanks for the reply. Sorry for the slow reply but I've been out of the office all week.

On my return, the sensor was on-line again this morning using the 172.16.15.210 IP address. I have no idea why is started working. As a further test, I unplugged it and plugged it back in again and I haven't seen it on the network since.

Yes, my previous post shows a similar issue where I lose it for a while. I'm hoping that it will be visible at some stage on our network if I leave it alone for a while. If it does become visible again, would I be able to re-flash the firmware myself rather than sending it for repair?

The network port lights are as follows:
The left one is mostly steady green. It sometimes goes out when the other LED flashes green or orange.

I have since taken delivery of another Web Sensor (same model) which seems to be working perfectly. I really need the old one to work though as I need to monitor 2 rooms.

Thanks again.

Daz

PS, since posting this reply, I've unplugged it and plugged it back in several times and it's currently working. I need to configure it and move it to another room but while it's working I grabbed the following information:
Device type T3510
Serial number 16964337
MAC address 00-80-A3-AF-EF-D2
Firmware version 1-5-7-2.1153 / 1.40
Build firmware notice Leopard

My new sensor has firmware version 1-5-7-5.1252 / 1.60
Build firmware notice Tiger

PPS I've been brave enough to move the sensor into the designated room and I can see it on the network still. I've reconfigured it (alarms, emails, device name etc) and all is good apart from:
The web interface is showing Error 2 instead of the current values for Relative Humidity and Dew Point. Temperature is OK though.

Last edited by Daz Jones (20-08-2020 17:52:39)

#4 20-08-2020 19:24:13

HonzaD
Administrator

Hi Daz,

It seems that your device does not have issue with Ethernet communication only. It seems that is not able to properly measure relative humidity. Because measurement and LCD display control is done via separate coprocessor, it seems that your device is seriously damaged. It looks like a damaged humidity sensor and parts related to Ethernet communication as well. Its likely a damage caused by liquid ingress and oxidation. But without optical inspection of device itself it is hard to tell. Unfortunately re-flashing firmware cannot solve issue if your device is physically damaged.

Jan

#5 24-08-2020 13:34:15

Daz Jones

Hi Jan,

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Can the unit be repaired in the UK or do I have to send it back directly to CZ?

Daz

#6 24-08-2020 14:40:13

HonzaD
Administrator

Hi Daz,

You can send device to our UK distributor and he will test device. But is likely what will be necessary send device back to factory. Contacts for service department you find here.

Jan

#7 28-09-2020 11:08:08

Daz Jones

Hi Jan, sorry for the lack of updates. We're now in a position move forwards with this and I've posted the unit back to Czech with the repair form enclosed.

#8 13-10-2020 16:21:58

Daz Jones

Just in case this is helpful for anyone:

The sensor has come back from repair. I was able to configure it immediately without a single glitch. As the MAC address is different, I am guessing that the network adapter was replaced (the serial number is identical and my labels are still present). Also, it's had a new sensor for RH.

Thanks to Comet for a great service.

Daz

#9 13-10-2020 20:01:52

HonzaD
Administrator

Hi Daz,

Thank you for a valuable feedback.

Jan

Board footer