Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 22-11-2007 20:19:24

Ando
Website

Data aquisition system MS5D

I would like to ask some information on data aquisition system MS5D to make sure I have understood everything.

One of our clients wants to measure RH/T and temperature in medical storage rooms. He needs to measure RH/T in 8 locations and temperature in 5 locations in addition to that he needs to monitor the elecrtic current voltage so that an alarm would be given in case of power-failure. We would use 2 MS5D loggers in this system.
One of the requirements the client has set for the system is that in case he needs to expand the system, it would not be complicated to triple the all sysem.

All of the transmiters are connected to each other and to the MS5D via RS485.
Is it possible to arrange a connection, in which the MS5D loggers are connected to each other via a RS485 network and one of the loggers would be assigned as a master unit, over which the loggers would be connected to the ethernet and over which the measurement results and alarms of all loggers could be forwarded to the program?
Allmost the same question applies to the GSM Modem. Does each MS5D need its own SMS modem or can one SMS modem connected to the master unit handle all alarm messages.

Best regards,

Ando Kaupmees

#2 23-11-2007 07:20:00

OndrejG
Administrator

Re: Data aquisition system MS5D

At the current time the MS5 datalogger can´t work as master for other MS5.  All the transmitters can be connected to MS5 through RS485, but each of RS485 lines must be separated for every one of MS5. RS485 line for communication between dataloggers and PC must be separated from them also. In case dataloggers with internal Ethernet interface you can use e-mails and  SNMP traps for alarming and www pages or SOAP or special communication channel (with our SW on port 10001)  for reading of actual measured values. Many of the GSM providers allow to transfer e-mails to your mobile phone as SMS messages. If you don´t want use Ethertnet intefrace at each of MS5, you can connect all dataloggers via RS485 and through MP023 RS485/Ethernet converter to the Ethernet.  E-mails or SNMP traps sending  aren´t possible in this case.  If you would directly send out SMS, each MS5 need its own GSM modem and SMS port MP024. Alternatively you can use GSM dialer http://www.jablotron.cz/en/automation.p … ucts/gd-06 where up to 4 MS5 may be connected through ALARM MS5 output. But here is no information about channel and its measured value.

#3 23-11-2007 08:55:48

Ando
Website

We have connected the MS5D logger to the Ethernet but, I can not find the option to send alarm messages by e-mail.

#4 29-11-2007 08:00:43

Peter

Thank you for your noticifation, this function has been missing in our old software version.
We have published the new one extended of e-mails, SNMP, syslog, SOAP and some other advantages.
You can find the actual software version for MS5 system on our website.

#5 02-06-2009 11:55:12

Visitor
visitor

My application is including 18 pcs. MS5 (with Ethernet interface)+ SWR006 software. Can I watch the actual values at the same time for all MS5 (at the same screen)? And in the future, the customer want to connect the relay modules for all MS5 loggers.(18 pcs.) Can I manage the relay modules at the same screen? For example start-stop function or input the set values for controlling etc..Is that possible? Thank you..

Best Regards

#6 03-06-2009 12:55:06

MichalV
Administrator

Yes, you can watch the actual values at the same time for all MS5, but it isn't exactly on the same screen. Program for monitoring systems allow you see online measured data - this function is called Display. There is the tab for each of your MS5 you have connected. The tab contain realtime information about selected MS5 (information are updated based on selecting update interval). You may see this via web browser too (for ethernet connection only). For each of your MS5 open separated browser window or separated tab inside browser.

Yes, your second thing is possilbe too. Create some of conditions as "Set remotely from PC", set properties you want to manage with this condition and use Display mode (see above) to switching on/off its. You may manage records, acoustic alarm, alarm out, relays e.g. No values setting are possible manage here.

Mike

#7 03-06-2009 15:08:35

Visitor
visitor

Hello MichalV,

Thanks for your answeres. I have two questions for this application;

1)When the limit values are exceeded, are relays group working immediately? Or it is waiting the storage interval time (for relays working)? Which one?

2)When we install and run this software (SWR006) to the center PC, can we monitor this screen from the other PC’s? (with authorization)

Thank you,
Best Regards,

#8 04-06-2009 08:42:05

MichalV
Administrator

1) Relays works (physical) immediately after condition is released (its alarm). Storing this events depend on your setting. The rest of functionality, it means, seeing information in display mode or via web browser are available after update interval elapsed.

2) This is possible realize by turn on web server in datalogger software and connect via web browser from other PC's. This option you can find in "Main menu" --> "Options" --> "Display" tab: "Remote www access, launch http server".

Edit reason:
I apologize for my mistake because my first answer of this point was wrong.

Mike

Last edited by MichalV (05-06-2009 09:00:13)

#9 05-06-2009 15:11:51

MichalV
Administrator

Last post edited. Please check.

Board footer