Discussion forum about Comet system products

Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 17-08-2020 13:51:11

AndersE

P8641 and database. data multiplied with 10

We have many P8641 and logging everything with CometDatabase.
temperature measured with SN244C and humidity with DSRH/C

When I checked data today for the last week there was a strange thing.
On ONE P8641 the data in the database is multiplied with 10. (Humidity shows over 500%rh and a room temperature of over 200°C :-)
When I log into the webserver in the P8641 it shows the correct temp and humidity.
The error was for a little less than 46 hours and is now behaving correctly.

It feels like the error must be in the SOAP communications or in the CometDatabase.
Any suggestions?

#2 17-08-2020 14:21:32

HonzaD
Administrator

Re: P8641 and database. data multiplied with 10

Hi,

That is pretty strange. I haven't seen such issue ever. COMET Database does not have feature to adjust measured values from connected sensors. Values are send directly from the device via SOAP into databse. Values can be adjusted at device (DSRH/C) probe only. Now I will speculate. It maybe can happens that due to some kind of EM interferences can be wrong adjustment constants obtained from the DSRH/C probe. But in this case will be same values at web and at SOAP message as well. It seems that this not your case at all.

My recommendation is if this issue will happens again please download \diag file (e.g. http://192.168.1.213/diag.log). If you will be able capture SOAP messages by Wireshark (at server side) it will be useful as well.

How issue were fixed? Was there device restarted or issue does disappear itself after 46 hours? Device uptime you can get from /diag file. If you want you can send exported values (few hours before and after) to our support. We can look on it closely.

Jan

#3 17-08-2020 15:02:41

AndersE

Hi
Thanks for the quick answer. Seems like "a glitch" in my P8641/SM244C/DSRHC.

Looked into the device up time and it was restarted when the fault disappeared. So that probably solved the problem.
I have set all of them up to restart every 14 days just so it works all the time.

I will try to snatch the log-file while the error is still there the next time (if it happens again)

#4 18-08-2020 07:51:45

HonzaD
Administrator

Hi,

If issue will happen again (I hope that it will never happen again), you can continue at this thread or you send request directly to the support.

Jan

#5 18-08-2020 14:36:17

AndersE

Sounds like a good idea to go on in the same thread.
I also hope it does not happen again.

I was just looking in "Database Manager 2.15.0.0 (DB API Version 19.0)" for a way to delete my faulty data. It's not important for me to save every part of data. When looking at graphs it becomes so strange with the faulty data.
But in the deleting/compressing data there is no way to delete data in a range. Only "process all data" or "process only data older than...."
I'm not so good at writing SQL-scripts myself so I don't wan't to give it a try to do manually.

Is it possible that database manager will get a delete option for a time range?

#6 19-08-2020 13:56:37

HonzaD
Administrator

Hi,

No. It is not possible to delete data at selected range using Database manager. This limitation is by the intention. We don't want do change content already stored at database.

We think you have this options:
- You can add note(s) into database that values are not valid at that range.
- If you can provide backup of your database we can prepare you SQL script which will remove exact time range. For additional information please contact our support directly.

Jan

Board footer