Discussion forum about Comet system products

Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 12-06-2019 08:54:16

ricard1

T0510 Best practices

Hello, I am new to this so my appologies if some of the questions are trivial are have already been posted....

I am testing a T0510 to be used to monitor the server room temperature,  and I have some questions concerning the setup of this sensor:

1.- I have some doubts about the hysteresis parameter.

My upper limit is 30°C and my lower limit is 20°C, at this moment I have a time delay of 60", but what do I have to set as hysteresis value? currently is 4°C, but not sure whether this is the right value or not. Can someone give me more explanations about the influence of this factor?
What I want is to have an alarm when temperature is higher than 30°C or lower than 20°C for more than 60".

2.- Am I right that the alarm are being sent (by mail) once (and only once) when triggers and once (and only once) when cleared out?

3.- If I want to have the statistics of the last week (for example) do I have to set a SOA/Comet right?

Well this is all at the moment, and thank you in advance!

Ricard

#2 12-06-2019 12:13:29

HonzaD
Administrator

Re: T0510 Best practices

Hi Ricard,

Answers to your question:

1. Description of parameters hysteresis and time delay you find at manual page 14. In case of measured value exceed set limit (at your case value above 30°C or below 20°C) and value stay at that conditions for set delay, alarm is signalised. Alarms is cleared in case of value goes under/below set limit minus hysteresis. In your case its 26°C and 24°C. Maybe for a such application you can use lower hysteresis - e.g. 1°C.

2. Yes, alarm email is send when alarm occurred or is cleared. If you want you can set repetetaly sending emails in case of alarm by parameter "Alarm email repeat sending interval". It can be set to: Off, 10min, 15min, 30min ... 1 day.

3. T3510 device itself does not have internal memory backed up. If you want store values from device you have options:
- use free software SensorReader to store measured values from device
- use paid software Comet Database to store and analyse data
- use 3rd party software via protocols Modbus, SNMPv1 (CACTI, PRTG, Wonderware InTouch, ControlWeb, etc.)
- use own implementation for XML, SOAP, Modbus (examples at C#, PHP, Python are available at device webpages)

Jan

#3 12-06-2019 15:08:11

ricard1

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your answers, now is the hysteresis clear to me:-))).

2) I do not find this parameter (Alarm email repeat sending interval) using TSensor, are you sure this option is available on T0510??
s/n 10961089
fw 02.41/1-5-2.04

3) I will begin to tak a look at sensor reader

Regards,

Ricard

#4 13-06-2019 06:43:06

HonzaD
Administrator

Hi Ricard,

Yes, I am 100% sure. I did not expect that you have such old device. Your device is more then 9 years old. But I have a good news for you. Even that old device you will be able update to latest firmware. New firmware version brings many new features including web configuration.

During a few moments I will send to you new firmware to your email directly.

In case of any question let me know.

Jan

Board footer