Discussion forum about Comet system products

Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 19-10-2017 20:14:17

Davlea

To510 temperature sensor IP address issues

I am new to setting up this type of thing so apologies. I can get the sensor working ok on the WiFi network using the factory installled. 192.168.1.213 address but I am struggling where to find the correct IP address to change it to so I can view it over the internet. I have tried changing it to the location IP address but no luck.

#2 20-10-2017 07:02:23

HonzaD
Administrator

Re: To510 temperature sensor IP address issues

Hi Davlea,

Default IP address of T0510 device is set to 192.168.1.213. For you deployment you need to change this IP address according information from your network administrator. T0510 can use static IP address or address can be obtained from DHCP server automatically. In case of static IP address using, it depends on your network configuration. If you don't know how is your network configured, usage of DHCP may be easiest way.

IP address can be changed by free TSensor software or can be configured from webpages (e.g. our demo device).

Jan

#3 20-10-2017 19:29:41

Davlea

“you need to change this IP address according information from your network administrator”
This is the part I am having problems with, is this the actual IP address I use  that I find when I google find my IP address

#4 22-10-2017 12:47:13

Davlea

I have changed the IP address ok and can view on network with new ip. I have made a new port forwarding rule for
that address but I can still not view over internet. What could I be doing wrong

#5 23-10-2017 07:21:02

HonzaD
Administrator

Hi Davlea,

It is hard to determine what can be reason of your issue exactly, because it depends on your network infrastructure. But I can give you few tips, which you can check.

- you need set IP address of your device according your network. If case that you want do port forwarding, it make sense use static IP or set static DHCP lease on your router/DHCP server.
- you need to have static external IP. In case of that your external IP is not static, you can use Dynamic DNS. If you want to use Dynamic DNS, this feature need to be supported by your router. More information about your external IP will provide you your ISP. Your external IP you can find out here.
- if you want to see device webpages from Internet, you need to set port forwarding at your router/NAT. As default is for webpages used port 80.
- VPN can be used alternatively. VPN is a recommended way, because is more secure than pure port forwarding.

Important: In case of port forwarding is used, do not forgot to secure your device. At least set password for web.

Jan

Board footer