Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 08-08-2017 11:41:49

davewmarwell

t3610 alerting too often

hi

we have a new t3610 installed in a food freezer - the normal temperature is around -15 to -18 deg C

the problem we have is that when the door is opened the unit is alerting very quickly - the door is only open for 2-3 mins and the temperature in the freezer may only rise by 1 - 2 deg

I have temp settings as follows

max -15
min -20
hysteresis 2
time delay 600

I was hoping that with the long time delay it would not send alerts so fast ..... allowing time for the temp to fall again

im unsure how to set hysteresis/time delay to make it slower to react.......

thanks
dave

#2 08-08-2017 15:08:43

HonzaD
Administrator

Re: t3610 alerting too often

Hi dave,

Yes, time delay is a proper way how to slower reaction of alarm. It look that your temperature is still raising after closing door of your freezer.

For monitoring freezers are mainly used devices with probes (like a T0611 with Pt1000 probe) and probe is inserted into bag with physiological saline. I think you can try change position of your T3610. I think it should not be near to door. Position near to freezer door can be also affected by warm air outside of freezer which can cause condensation. The T3610 device is not designed to be used in condensation conditions. Optionally you can use PTFE sensor cover, which slower device reactions.

Jan

Board footer