Discussion forum about Comet system products

Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 11-09-2015 19:07:51

Runaway1956

What I need in a sensor or logger

I don't care very much about the connections to the computer - if it has a connection, I can get the connector.  Ethernet is good, USB, WIFI, or older tech - it's all good with me.

What I care very much about, is a remote pickup for dew point, which can be safely placed into a 2" tube, with 200 degree (93 C) forced air flow.
The thermometer probe must work effectively inside of a heat chamber, up to 700 degrees F, (370 C).

The temperature probe would ideally be metallic, such as brass, so that I could slip a ferrule fitting onto it, and affix it solidly through the heat chamber.  I can work with other options, but the metallic body is ideal - I have already fitted a type K thermocouple into a 1/4 inch ferrule fitting, which works nicely with my Fluke 179 multimeter.

The problem with my existing tools, is that I have no logging options.  I must stay inside the shop, and keep an eye on my meters to understand what is happenig inside of my dryers. 

I would truly love to plug the probes into the dryer, plug your meter/logger into my computer, and walk away from them.  I could come back in three, six, or even 24 hours, and read the charts to locate the problem that I am troubleshooting. 

While I am writing out my wish list - I would also like it very much if your meter/logger supports Linux.  I can always fire up a Windows virtual machine if necessary, but my working environment is Linux.  If you have multiple options available - PLEASE highlight the Linux option!

#2 14-09-2015 14:52:06

John

Re: What I need in a sensor or logger

Hello,

If I understand to your request.
You need logger to record data with possibility to observe online data and also alarming functionality. Your measuring is based on thermocouple, am I right?
Then we can offer Multilooger for thermocouples and with Ethernet output.
More details http://www.cometsystem.com/products/multiloggers

Best regards,

Jan

#3 14-09-2015 23:05:07

Runaway1956

Hmmmm - I'm not sure.  Each of them that I look at says that it will measure temperatures up to - OH!  I read something wrong the first time around!  I thought that it could only measure temps up to about 130 deg C - but I just found this:  "Measurement range for Pt1000 is -200 °C to +600 °C. "   That is exactly what I need!  My Fluke multimeter will read up to about 700 deg F and then it just goes blank. This looks like it should do what I want.

How do I order one?  I guess I contact this guy?  timf@emssensors.com  I need a price, of course, and I guess I need to order that Pt1000 separately, and order the humidity probe separtetly as well.

#4 15-09-2015 15:23:18

Jakub

Hello,

if you are from USA, the best way how to get prices and other additional information is to contact our US distributor:
EMS - Engineering and Manufacturing Services
47745 - 193rd St.
Toronto, SD 57268
USA
tel: (605) - 794 - 2072
fax: (605) - 794 - 2073
email: timf@emssensors.com
www: http://www.emssensors.com

I would recommend you the same device as my colleague.
"Measurement range for Pt1000 is -200 °C to +600 °C. " - means you can use probe in this temperature range, but our company has in its offer probes up to +350°C (Pt1000TR050). If you need to measure in higher temperatures you have to use thermocouple probes together with our devices, this is recommended solution with M1200, M1220, M1320.

To the software request. We are working with Windows software at this moment, which is the only possibility how to get data from COMET devices.

Jakub

Board footer