Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 24-11-2013 20:50:11

eggertsen

DNS name as SOAP server

Hi,

It seems like I cannot put a DNS name as the "SOAP server IP address". Is it possible to use DNS names instead of IP addresses in the SOAP configuration? If not, will it be possible in future firmware updates?

Thanks and best regards
//Christian Eggertsen

#2 24-11-2013 20:51:37

eggertsen

Re: DNS name as SOAP server

eggertsen wrote:

Hi,

It seems like I cannot put a DNS name as the "SOAP server IP address". Is it possible to use DNS names instead of IP addresses in the SOAP configuration? If not, will it be possible in future firmware updates?

Thanks and best regards
//Christian Eggertsen

A little bit to fast... I have the P8631 web sensor with firmware 4-5-5-5.2617 / 1.40.

#3 25-11-2013 07:00:34

HonzaD
Administrator

Hi Christian,

You have right. DNS is not supported by P8xxx devices at present time.

We have plan add DNS support into all Web Sensors. At first step we want add DNS support for SOAP protocol into t-line (Tx5xx/Tx6xx). We hope that support for Tx5xx comes this year. Support for P8xxx we plan at Q1/2014. In the fact we are working on P8xxx DNS support and alpha version of the firmware will be soon. Because we want release only errorless firmware, testing procedure takes long time.

Jan

#4 26-11-2013 10:49:14

eggertsen

HonzaD wrote:

Hi Christian,

You have right. DNS is not supported by P8xxx devices at present time.

We have plan add DNS support into all Web Sensors. At first step we want add DNS support for SOAP protocol into t-line (Tx5xx/Tx6xx). We hope that support for Tx5xx comes this year. Support for P8xxx we plan at Q1/2014. In the fact we are working on P8xxx DNS support and alpha version of the firmware will be soon. Because we want release only errorless firmware, testing procedure takes long time.

Jan

OK. Thank you for the information.

-BR
//Christian

Board footer