Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 28-02-2013 11:11:23

OakwoodIT

Database Viewer \ Administrator

Version:  1.11.1.18

We have set up 11 P8610 sensors.
They all appear in the DBA and DBV applications.

Only 2 are currently active, of the 9 units that are not connected, one keeps bleating that it is offline.  Why is that?

We are not getting the same warning from the other offline sensors.

Last edited by OakwoodIT (28-02-2013 11:34:48)

#2 28-02-2013 12:32:24

JindrichP
Administrator

Re: Database Viewer \ Administrator

Hi,

So if you have previously connected all 11 sensors and now you have 9 of them disconnected then it is normal behaviour that you still see latest values from that 9 sensors in online data view.

If you only don't want to hear alarm beeping that that 9 sensors are off and you don't need accousting alarm in db viewer, then disable alarming:
DBViewer - Menu - Options - Viewer properties: Switch of "Accousting alerting" and if you want also "Visual alerting"

If you don't want to see data from that 9 sensor in DB viewer at all, than you can delete them or switch off for viewing in Database Administration Utility:

To physicaly delete data go to Database Administrator Utility - Database Administration - Deleting/compressing data

To switch off them from viewing go to Database Administrator Utility - Database Configuration - Device/channels properties
then select the sensor in the tree, switch off "Enabled for viewing" and save by button "Apply changes to database"
..repeat this for all 9 sensors

Best Regards
Jindrich Pastorek

#3 28-02-2013 12:36:09

OakwoodIT

JindrichP wrote:

Hi,

So if you have previously connected all 11 sensors and now you have 9 of them disconnected then it is normal behaviour that you still see latest values from that 9 sensors in online data view.

If you only don't want to hear alarm beeping that that 9 sensors are of and you don't need accousting alarm in db viewer, then disable alarming:
DBViewer - Menu - Options - Viewer properties: Switch of "Accousting alerting" and if you want also "Visual alerting"

If you don't want to see data from that 9 sensor in DB viewer at all, than you can delete them or switch of for viewing in Database Administration Utility:

To physicaly delete data go to Database Administrator Utility - Database Administration - Deleting/compressing data

To switch of them from viewing go to Database Administrator Utility - Database Configuration - Device/channels properties
then select the sensor in the tree, swicht of "Enabled for viewing" and save by button "Apply changes to database"
..repeat this for all 9 sensors

Best Regards
Jindrich Pastorek

You have missed the point.  9 are offline  and only 1 is Alerting.

Pharmacy 2 - #1 : Temperature (°C) (): is still offline

Why is only 1 sending an alert?

Removing them from the Viewing option does not stop the alerting via email or in the DB viewer as far as I can see.

#4 28-02-2013 12:42:55

JindrichP
Administrator

If I understand you have 9 sensor disconnected. Then I would recommend to delete them from database.

#5 28-02-2013 12:54:15

JindrichP
Administrator

I'm not sure I understand correctly your problem. Can you please better explain? Include printscreen of online values please. Also you say about email alarmin. Do you use SMS/Email alarming function in database or you mean email alarms directly from sensor?

#6 28-02-2013 13:06:38

OakwoodIT

JindrichP wrote:

I'm not sure I understand correctly your problem. Can you please better explain? Include print screen of online values please. Also you say about email alarmin. Do you use SMS/Email alarming function in database or you mean email alarms directly from sensor?

We have 11 sensors in all.
We are testing and configuring them in preparation of an installation. So only two are currently connected.
We cannot afford to delete the unconnected sensors as we'll have to set them up all over again. Or will we?
Of the 9 that are disconnected only 1 is raising an Alert.  Why only that 1 unit?

This is still very new to us so there may be something that we are missing.

How do I send you a screen shot?

Last edited by OakwoodIT (28-02-2013 13:09:24)

#7 28-02-2013 13:45:29

JindrichP
Administrator

If you don't need old data of that 9 sensors then you can delete them from the database. When you will connect these sensors (set them to send SOAP messages to SOAP service) later then these devices and its channels will be automatically created againg in the database. Lets try it for example with one sensor only.

> Of the 9 that are disconnected only 1 is raising an Alert.  Why only that 1 unit?

What you see in DBViewer online view about these sensors is the latest samle which incame from them. Lets see the column "sample date" or "sample age".
So you see alert on 1 device because the last sample which incame into database from this device has alert on. Last samples which incame from other 8 sensors wasn't in alarm state.

This is the reason why viewer set row into gray color and informs that data are not fresh. This tells you "Shown value and alarm state is not actual. The value you see is not measured now, but it can be e.g. 3days old state (see sample age)". In other words: "The value you see is not valid. Dont take it into account. It is old value".

#8 28-02-2013 13:48:57

OakwoodIT

JindrichP wrote:

If you don't need old data of that 9 sensors then you can delete them from the database. When you will connect these sensors (set them to send SOAP messages to SOAP service) later then these devices and its channels will be automatically created againg in the database. Lets try it for example with one sensor only.

> Of the 9 that are disconnected only 1 is raising an Alert.  Why only that 1 unit?

What you see in DBViewer online view about these sensors is the latest samle which incame from them. Lets see the column "sample date" or "sample age".
So you see alert on 1 device because the last sample which incame into database from this device has alert on. Last samples which incame from other 8 sensors wasn't in alarm state.

This is the reason why viewer set row into gray color and informs that data are not fresh. This tells you "Shown value and alarm state is not actual. The value you see is not measured now, but it can be e.g. 3days old state (see sample age)". In other words: "The value you see is not valid. Dont take it into account. It is old value".

So why, if the alert is a Offline alert , are we not getting any from the other offline sensors?

#9 28-02-2013 13:59:01

JindrichP
Administrator

So why, if the alert is a Offline alert , are we not getting any from the other offline sensors?

I'm sorry but I don't understand. How are you getting alert from that one? Plese insert printscreens. Unforturnatelly I'm very confused.

#10 28-02-2013 15:24:25

OakwoodIT

Email states this:-

-----Original Message-----
From: service.xxxxxxx [mailto:service.xxxxxxxx] (email address cleared)
Sent: 28 February 2013 10:04
To: Paterson, Fraser
Subject: IMPORTANT: Pharmacy Temp Sensor Alert
Importance: High

How do I insert print screens in the forum posting.

Last edited by OakwoodIT (28-02-2013 15:26:01)

#11 28-02-2013 15:31:01

OakwoodIT

For some unknown reason the random alert stating one unit is offline, has now stopped.
No further assistance is required with this.
Thank you

Board footer