Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 24-01-2013 01:20:47

sorbus

P8541 new firmware and custom web page questions

Hi Jan,

Firstly, great work on the new firmware - especially the html5 graphs. I'm really impressed! I'm now running 4-5-5-3.2601 / 1.10 upgraded from your 2010 firmware.

I have a few questions / comments:

- I'm trying to embed the realtime XML values into a webpage on another server using an XSL template. I tried an XML wrapper, but cross domain security in browsers does not permit this. Can a values page in html be returned in the next update please? That way I can use an iframe (I see that's how you do it on your homepage)

- Can I still add custom html pages onto the device? Your latest user guide hints to this, but I can find the appendix it refers to or your SDKs anymore.

- What capacity for custom pages / images is there roughly? I'd like to add a png file to be used as an iOS home screen icon (It would be cool if you added that anyway!)

- Can you add this to the device's mobile web page: <meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no"> as the device serial number and date/time are turned into telephone numbers on my iPhone. Also, the status bar hides part of the text at the top of the screen. A larger blank space at the top of the page would solve this...

- Can the sensor channel numbers be re-orderable again please? My sensor cables are fixed in a sequential order and, since the firmware update, now no longer matches previous .csv output logs. I know another client has already asked about this on the forum.

- Will it ever be possible to add the alert email server details as text (smtp.example.com) rather than an IP address? Have you ever thought of integrating something friendlier to ifttt.com so the device could sms / telephone / tweet alerts?

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

Sorbus

#2 24-01-2013 08:22:32

HonzaD
Administrator

Re: P8541 new firmware and custom web page questions

Hello Sorbus,

Thank you for your comments. Any feedback from customers site is really important for us.

My comments:

sorbus wrote:

- I'm trying to embed the realtime XML values into a webpage on another server using an XSL template. I tried an XML wrapper, but cross domain security in browsers does not permit this. Can a values page in html be returned in the next update please? That way I can use an iframe (I see that's how you do it on your homepage)

Yes, cross domain security is really stupid, I think. We can add this static page into next firmware version, there is no technical problem. Release of new firmware release will take longer time. But there can be way how to do this on your side - described lower.

sorbus wrote:

- Can I still add custom html pages onto the device? Your latest user guide hints to this, but I can find the appendix it refers to or your SDKs anymore.

Yes, this is still possible. For this moment we haven't created SDK for latest firmware. We have SDK in our wish-list, but SDK haven't biggest priority. I can provide all required information to you. I am able to send detailed information to your email.

sorbus wrote:

- What capacity for custom pages / images is there roughly? I'd like to add a png file to be used as an iOS home screen icon (It would be cool if you added that anyway!)

Now size of P8xxx web is 228 kB. Maximum size is 320kB.

sorbus wrote:

- Can you add this to the device's mobile web page: <meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no"> as the device serial number and date/time are turned into telephone numbers on my iPhone. Also, the status bar hides part of the text at the top of the screen. A larger blank space at the top of the page would solve this...

OK, it makes sense. P8xxx was not tested with iPhone, because I haven't iPhone - I really dislike Apple products smile Pages with Android phones and Windows Phone 7.5 device works without any problem. We can add this into next firmware.

sorbus wrote:

- Can the sensor channel numbers be re-orderable again please? My sensor cables are fixed in a sequential order and, since the firmware update, now no longer matches previous .csv output logs. I know another client has already asked about this on the forum.

We have this request from other customers. We are decided to add feature into next firmware. New firmware will not be soon, because we are working at many different projects, and we haven't manpower now. You can add this feature at your side - it is a few lines of javascript.

sorbus wrote:

- Will it ever be possible to add the alert email server details as text (smtp.example.com) rather than an IP address? Have you ever thought of integrating something friendlier to ifttt.com so the device could sms / telephone / tweet alerts?

DNS for SMTP address is in our wish-list too. We are now working on firmware update for Tx5xx family, where we add DNS for SMTP. We want do do same with P8xxx series. For this moment I haven't idea how ifttt.com works. P8xxx family does not support SSL/TLS for SMTP. There is no way how add SSL into device. More powerful hardware is required for SSL. But we found way via free STUNNEL application - stunnel.zip

Jan

#3 24-01-2013 22:05:57

sorbus

Hello Jan

Thank you for the swift and helpful reply! Stunnel looks like a useful shortcut to SSL. DNS as a future option would be great, especially where mail servers have dynamic IP addresses.

I would be grateful if you could email me details about custom html please.

Many thanks,

Sorbus

#4 25-01-2013 06:41:33

HonzaD
Administrator

Hello Sorbus,

During a few days, I send to you all requested informations.

Jan

Board footer