Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 03-07-2012 13:36:01

TaCaPica

Logger S7021 error messages

HI

i have a logger S7021, measuring pulses from a flowmeter, and it's giving me 2 error warning that i dont know what they are!  This error messages arent in the manual description

The error codes are: ERROR18 and ERROR19

I have another question conserning this logger: can it save only the events between registers? for example: in 10s registers you have 3 pulses and in the next 10s you will have 2 pulses and in the next 4 and so on. is there any way to have a register of events like this:
xx:xx:10  3
xx:xx:20  2
xx:xx:30  4

and not the cumulative value:
xx:xx:10  3
xx:xx:20  5
xx:xx:30  9
Im using the free program to acess to the logger. By the way, i found an example data from this datalogger ( http://www.cometsystem.cz/products/moni … -SW_LOGGER) showing a diff column that may apply to my sistem. Can i with the free program implement this in the logger?

Thanks a lot for you time

José Pedro Rodrigues

Last edited by TaCaPica (03-07-2012 14:46:35)

#2 03-07-2012 14:24:27

MichalV
Administrator

Re: Logger S7021 error messages

Hi Jose,

could you specify where the error codes are occured? (e.g. on the logger display; software message, when you try to connect).

Please wait for answer from my colleague tomorrow.

I can give you tip about secondary question:
Open logger configuration and check "Show increments" option in the appropriate channel settings.

Mike

#3 03-07-2012 14:57:45

TaCaPica

Hi

i edited my previous message with more info that im going to repeat

I'm using the free program to acess to the logger.  I found an example data from this datalogger ( http://www.cometsystem.cz/products/moni … -SW_LOGGER) showing a diff column that may apply to my sistem. Can i with the free program implement this in the logger?

to your question: the error messages are displayed in the logger, but i'm having lots of trouble connecting to the logger (through USB). I'm also having trouble reseting the counter. When i try to do this the comunication goes down, and the program stalls. I have the 3.0.0.1 (free basic version).

Hope this helps to clarify my problem

Another question: can you send the price for a licence for the program software?

Thanks

José Pedro Rodrigues

Last edited by TaCaPica (03-07-2012 19:34:00)

#4 04-07-2012 09:30:09

MichalV
Administrator

Hi Jose,

Option "Show increments" is available in the free program.

If your logger displays something like E18, E19, it means that counter value is grater then logger display can show you. But it's only for showing on the logger display and has no negative effect for the records.

About communication problem:
What is logger serial number?
How old is your logger? Battery is limited in time and when it has low capacity, communication is defective.
What USB adapter do you use? Do you have newer USB cabel with label and serial number?
Do you have another usb cabel to try connect to logger by this different cable?

I sent you price list of the program licence into your mail box.

Mike

#5 04-07-2012 16:53:29

TaCaPica

Hi Mike, and thanks for the info. I went today to the field and i programmed the logger like the client wanted (the datalogger and the USB cable are brand new, they got here from Comet  mid last month).

The problem with the comunication, was the direct sun light (wink)........This logger is in the field, measuring a counter from a flowmeter, it is in a closed fiber box but to acess it i had to open the box.......in the first tries, i couldnt comunicate with the logger, but in one of my tries, i put the cap of box on it and ....voilá.....not a single problem there on......

Many thanks to you and best regards

Board footer