Discussion forum about Comet system products

Temperature, Humdity,

Pressure Transmitters

and Data Loggers

You are not logged in.

#1 29-01-2013 18:00:54

OakwoodIT

Emails From DBS Sensor Monitor

Is there any customisation we can get to the standard Alert emails generated from DBS? We use that Database Administration Utility.

We currently See the following for our 2 P8610 PoE sensors when we placed them in alert status

Temp Sensor Test 2 - Temp (C) Sensor Test 2 (19.6 °C): alarm high activated Temp Sensor Test 1 - Temp (C) Sensor Test 1 (22.7 °C): alarm high still active

This appears on one line and would be confusing if we increased the number of sensors to the intended 10.

At the very least a separate line for each alert, as per:-

Temp Sensor Test 2 - Temp (C) Sensor Test 2 (19.6 °C): alarm high activated
Temp Sensor Test 1 - Temp (C) Sensor Test 1 (22.7 °C): alarm high still active

In addition the ability to add additional text to advise what action is required, would be very useful.

The TSensor SW allows use of an Alarm Repeat Sending Interval and an Info Repeat Sending Interval, these would also be useful. We are are not using the SMTP part of TSensor due the number of units we'll have to configure.

Fraser

Last edited by OakwoodIT (29-01-2013 18:26:49)

#2 30-01-2013 16:26:58

JindrichP
Administrator

Re: Emails From DBS Sensor Monitor

This is strange behaviour. Of course there are CRLFs added at the end of the one channel line. Now, I'm not sure what is causing that CRLFs are skipped. I only guess, shouldn't it be skipped due to some special settings of SMTP server. Can you try another SMTP server, for example gmail?

Anyway, please send me the log of succesfully sent email on my email j.pastorek@cometsystem.cz. You'll find it this way:
Database Administration Utlitiy --> tree menu: Services, Email Sender Service --> button: Reconfigure --> button: Open folder with successfully sent messages

In files in this folder is logged exactly what was sent. CRLF characters are replaces with <CR><LF> strings. So here we can see if CRLF characters was exactly sent.

Best Regards
Jindrich Pastorek

#3 30-01-2013 16:30:43

JindrichP
Administrator

ad "In addition the ability to add additional text to advise what action is required, would be very useful."

This feature is not in the system. But thank you for good suggestion. I will add it to wish list.

#4 30-01-2013 17:05:39

OakwoodIT

Hi,
Thanks for updating the forum thread.
I have realised that my Outlook configuration was removing the Extra line breaks.  roll
This be considered resolved.
Sorry to have bothered you.

#5 30-01-2013 17:41:59

JindrichP
Administrator

ad "Alarm Repeat Sending" and "Info Repeat Sending"

e.g. How to set that alarm email/sms will be sent during the alarm is active every 15 minutes:
http://forum.cometsystem.cz/img/user_img/alarm_repeat_sending.jpg

e.g. How to set that alarm email/sms will be sent every 15 minutes (no matter if alarm is or not = info sending):
http://forum.cometsystem.cz/img/user_img/info_repeat_sending.jpg

Board footer